This month I have been making lots of preparatory painting studies. They’re like little experiments to work out new paint marks and test out varying colours for final work. I’ve worked like this for years, its a big part of my painting process that I really enjoy because I’m not overly concerned with how a painting will ‘look’ when finished, I’m literally just having a bit of fun and seeing what happens! Sometimes these studies turn out way more successful than I would expect. You can see some of these here https://www.aislingdrennan.com/paint-studies/
- April 2021: Artist Interview with the Irish Times/ When art is just a click away
- April 2021: Blank Canvas Paralysis
- March 2021: Life of an artist- Art student to Full Time Artist, my story… an insight so far!
- March 2021: Photoshoot at my studio
- March 2021: Listed as one of eight Female Irish Contemporary Artists to watch!